After a very serious hiatus from the blog, I thought it was only appropriate to reintroduce myself since my last post. Over the course of the last four-ish months my husband, Justin, and I have become more settled into the home we purchased this past summer, my blog turned TWO in September, and more importantly, I gave birth to incredible twin girls on August 3rd (there will be another post to properly introduce them). Ever since the twins turned one week old I told myself I would write their birth story and be diligent in recording memories for me to look back on. Well, that definitely didn’t happen, and here we are mid-December.
Now that my maternity leave is over, and I’ve found some normalcy in my routine, I’m so excited to pick up the blog again. I’ve learned to stop and smell the roses with little ones, which has given me more time with my thoughts — my notepad app is filled with all sorts of random topics I’m excited to to finally pen down.
That being said, there are lots of new faces, and I thought it would be fun to share some random tidbits about myself to kick things off again. If you’re reading this and have stuck around over the last few months, thank you. Thank you for all the love you gave me during my pregnancy — the support and community meant more to me than you’ll ever know.
- My background is half Italian and half Croatian. I don’t know how to talk without using my hands, and I was raised to believe pasta is always an acceptable side dish.
- At the age of two I mastered the art of applying lipstick without a mirror — it’s an ongoing joke with my family, and a rather impressive stat if I do say so myself.
- I’m the oldest of three girls. My mom and two sisters are my favorite people, and we could spend every day together. We joke we wished we all lived in the same house again.
- Justin and I actually met when we were 16 years old through my best friend after she moved to a different high school. Nothing happened at the time, but six years later when I was living in Los Angeles, I came home to the Bay Area to visit family where we saw each other at a party. We’ve been together ever since.
- Our dog, Holman, is named after our wedding venue Holman Ranch in Carmel Valley.
- I studied abroad in Florence, Italy my junior year of college. I lived with a host family, and my host sister’s name was Valentina — I loved the name so much, and knew one day I’d want my daughter to have that name.
- I love super short nails, it feels more hygienic to me. I usually cut my nails myself before getting a mani/pedi as I’m OCD and like to make sure they’re as short and even as possible.
- I’ve visited 30 countries. Originally when I started my blog I wanted to house my travel itineraries since I’m so passionate about visiting new places. I’ve since turned To B Candid into more Lifestyle content where I candidly share life’s adventures and guilty pleasures.
- I don’t blog full time; I work in the Digital Advertising space as my 9-to-5.
- I bleed red and gold, and was born a die-hard San Francisco 49ers fan.